Subject: Re: True Facts on LW Upgrades
From: "J. David Johnson" <[email-masked]>
To: Dawson Shaffer <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 1995 06:55:24 -0500 (EST)

Dawson,

I too wish there was an upgrade path for Toaster Owners, hell I bought a 
Flyer and will have 4.0 on my Toaster...  I intend to purchase an NT 
system for rendering and will definitely get the 4.0 NT version, 
regardless of upgrade or not... 

However, here's the truth... You have had Lightwave for sometime longer 
than the StandAlone users...  And therefore have had the opportunity to 
make money with it before any of the standalone users.  It is unfortunate 
that you don't use the Toaster Card for other than a display, and that 
you had to purchase it in order to get Lightwave.  When did you buy it?

Is it a 4000 Toaster board or 2000?  I guess that if it really is a 
dongle to you, I can arrange that you receive a full Windows NT version 
of Lightwave 4.0 in exchange for your Toaster... You get 4.0 for FREE and
get rid of dongle you don't use.  (I get a deal too... ;)

J. David